Wow guys, a blog post?!
I haven’t been writing up content in a hot second, but here we are. Today I’m sharing an incredibly easy recipe for how I make a vegan version of “tuna” salad. So easy in fact, that a baby could throw it together.
…Well maybe not, but still. 🤷🏻♀️
There’s only 6 ingredients, and you most likely have these in your home almost all the time. If you don’t, you can find all of these things cheap!
Let’s get into it.
- 1 can of chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 1/4 cup of vegan mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp of onion powder
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp celery salt
- 1/4 tsp paprika (you can used smoked if you’d like)
After draining and rinsing your chickpeas, add them to a bowl. Take a fork (or potato masher) and mash the chickpeas until they reach a crumbly consistency. I like to leave some stray pieces of whole chickpeas in mine, but feel free to mash yours until everything is smooth.
Add in the vegan mayo and the rest of the seasonings. Combine well, then refrigerate to cool or eat right away.
* You can add additional things to the mix like pickles, onions, tomato, or anything else that you may like! This recipe is how I make my base salad, and then I love to add whatever I feel like to it.
You can get creative and put your “tuna” salad on some fancy crackers, with tomato, chopped pickles, and some extra cracked pepper like shown below. Or throw some on a wrap, sandwich, sub, etc. The options are endless. 🙂
Catch you all next time 🤞